Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Seasons Change...My Challenge!

As always, with the installation of a new expansion pack, there's always that first moment when you start your game up again for the first time post-install. You hold your breath and think to yourself: Will my custom content still look right? Do I need to update my mods and hacks? Where will I ever find all my favorite things again if I have to re-download them!?!?

After I installed Seasons, this is what my Generations dream home looked like:














So I had a choice. Remove all the cc that didn't look good and replace it or start over.
I started over.
My first problem with this was my game mod LotFullOfSims still worked. I currently had 13 cats and 7 sims in the household. So I had to put the cats up for adoption temporarily. I needed to be able to move the sims from the bin into their new home once I had it completed. If you look closely at the next picture, you can see the cat in the police car window.

There were a lot of new content that came with this EP and I of course wanted to try them all out. I also wanted to make the lot the perfect place to try out all the new Seasons interactions. So I created the perfect SEASONS lot. I really didn't spend too much time on the house. Instead I concentrated on the grounds.




The orchard and greenhouse.
Scuba cats, ROFL!




The inside of the house is really bare. I didn't think my sims would be spending as much time indoors anymore, so I didn't either.




Those bare rooms, they're still bare even though I've already played a whole new generation in the house, lol.

The only room I really spent time on was the kitchen. A lot of the new content centered around the kitchen as well as some of the new interactions. So I knew I would be taking a lot of pictures in here.

With the new tiki patio furniture. Wait until you see it at night!

The new pet area. Not quite as pretty but much more functional.


3 comments:

javajan32 said...

I like your new lot. The bone pool is a neat idea. With all those fences, I was half expecting to see horses. I know there isn't horses in the game, but it reminded me of driving back roads in Kentucky.

Rubywyld said...

Bummer on your house after Seasons. I've had that with other expansions ...everything that was cool is now that dang lady statue, LOL. The lot and layout is very cool.

Anonymous said...

love the new pool, very cool looking!

~spongey